Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Resource Wiki

       Wikis in general are so extremely useful when trying to collaborate with other people. The other day I was at a meeting with some teachers from Midtown Elementary and they were trying to figure out a way to save time while transferring information about students. They let other teachers in their grade know if a student did not complete their work, had behavioral problems, or needed some sort of help. They used to run a clipboard back and forth which wasted a lot of time. One of the teachers mentioned using a wiki that they could all log on to right after class and edit. All of the other teachers were confused and scared of what a wiki meant. (Ah, technology!) I showed them my wiki and how easy and useful it was. We ended up setting up a third grade wiki page between all of the third grade teachers. I think this is going to be very useful and I felt good being the "new" teacher with technological ideas to share!
        In class we worked on a resource wiki which collaborated with the other TPTE classes. It was so simple! I could log on, do my share, and then leave comments to the other group members. We all took part in finalizing and perfecting the wiki site. It was great being able to get so much done on my own time, but still sharing and collaborating with others. I think wikis can be used for pretty much anything and are becoming more popular with the onset of our 'paperless world'.


No comments:

Post a Comment