Tuesday, July 3, 2012

WebQuests


Web quests are the future! When I discovered the inquiry based format of web quests, I started thinking about all the possibilities of using them in my future classroom. Kids and students these days live on the internet and computers, and web quests are a fun way for children to do what they love and learn while doing it! I really like that web quests emphasize and promote higher order thinking skills. The web quests activity we did in class opened my eyes to the diversity of this project. Web quests can be used for anything and any topic. It promotes creativity and exploration. I would definitely consider using this in my classroom. Web quests can be completed in a single lesson or continue over several weeks. I also really liked that it promotes group work between students. I think group work and learning is essential to the classroom. Web quests are fun and make kids think they are playing on the computer but really they are completing an assignment and learning- best of both worlds!


No comments:

Post a Comment